Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Why

I have a love for fitness & nutrition because I grew up being overweight.  It wasn't until my mom took me to the doctor that I decided to make a change.  I'll never forget that day back in 2008, the doctor looked me straight in the eyes and said that I needed to lose the weight or else I was going to get diabetes.  I was almost 230 lbs and was officially pre diabetic, I felt so ashamed of myself! The next day, I signed up at a gym and got a personal trainer that helped me lose 80 lbs within a year!  My personal trainer taught me a lot, I learned how to use proper form during exercise but more importantly I learned the value of nutrition and feeding your body right.

After moving to Texas in 2011, I found myself gaining some of the weight back! My physical activity ceased to exist and I started trying new foods that I hadn't tried before.....my husband is Cajun so I had been introduced to Cajun cooking and lets not forget that Texas is home to the BEST food after all. Of the 80 lbs that I originally lost, I gained 30 lbs back and slowly started loosing my confidence. I just woke up one day and realized that I am NOT going to gain the full 80 lbs back, I was putting a stop to it!

I didn't want to sign up for a gym so I started ordering fitness programs that I can use at home and now I have quite a few in my collection. I  personally own Insanity, Chalean Extreme, TurboFire and PiYo. I'm starting to fit in my clothes again, my confidence is coming back and I'm starting to feel so much better......NEVER again will I let myself gain weight out of losing self control.

I KNEW I had to turn this into a LIFELONG lifestyle since I obviously didn't keep the weight off the first time. I wanted to hold myself accountable and what better way than to become a coach?!? I decided that I wanted to inspire others to take control of their health just like I did and so I made a choice in May 2014 to become a Beachbody Coach.  I'm still a "work in progress," I want to inspire others to take back control of their health just like I did. I enjoy changing people's lives through fitness and nutrition, that's what's so great at what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment